Who is Donor Families Australia?
Losing someone we love is one of the hardest things we may ever have to live with.
Formed in 2013, Donor Families Australia is a national member-based independent support and advocacy group comprising families who have donated their loved ones’ organs and tissue. It is the only organisation of its kind in Australia specifically dedicated to Donor Families. Download our brochure: About Us
A warm invitation
We are glad you have found us. We would like to offer you the opportunity to connect with our national independent support and advocacy network.
What we do
Donor Families Australia assists all families with what they are going through, providing a safe and trusted network to:
• Share stories and experiences
• Express themselves freely, and
• Ensure they are heard and understood.
- Designing pins so that donor families can wear a symbol of their support.
- Establishing the donor family memorial in Perth.
- Improving communication between donor families and donation recipients.
- Lobbying for donations to be noted on death certificates.